Cloudamize Winter ‘18 Release Includes First True Agentless Data Collector for Automated, In-Depth TCO Calculation and Discovery
Philadelphia, PA January 16, 2018 – Cloudamize, a leader in cloud computing analytics, today announced significant enhancements to its cloud computing analytics platform, including the industry’s first true agentless solution, Agentless Data Collector. This update enables enterprises that cannot install agents due to internal policy, change management, or security standards to use automation for application discovery, TCO calculation, and dependency mapping.
“Companies who cannot install agents now have a solution that enables truly in-depth discovery and TCO analysis,” said Khushboo Shah, Founder, Cloudamize. “With the introduction of our new Agentless Data Collector, Cloudamize adds a new solution to a comprehensive suite of offerings that enable systems integrators and cloud consultants to create successful cloud migration strategies for clients with various requirements.”
The Cloudamize Agentless Data Collector can be used to discover and assess both physical and virtual machines. It is a true agentless application that, unlike other offerings, doesn’t require organizations to install anything on machines that need to be discovered, even for the purpose of gathering connectivity data.
Cloudamize deploys the Agentless Data Collector on a physical Windows server or Windows virtual machine. Each collector can be used to monitor up to 500 machines, and additional collectors can be installed on separate machines to handle larger infrastructure. The Cloudamize Agentless Data Collector uses SSH to discover and communicate with Linux machines on the subnet, and WMI to discover and communicate with Windows machines. It then sends the encrypted data to the Cloudamize servers for processing.
Additional Updates: Storage Planner, CMDB-Based Assessments
Additional enhancements to the Cloudamize platform in the Winter ’18 Release include:
- Storage Performance Analysis: Collection and analysis of on-premises storage performance metrics, including required peak IOPS, available maximum IOPS, disc capacity, disc occupancy, required peak throughput, available maximum throughput, and operation size.
- Storage Modeling:Automated replication of every cloud storage option – including how each works and its performance parameters – that enable on-premises storage metrics to be accurately converted to cloud storage metrics.
- Storage Benchmarking:Projected performance for each recommended storage option based on current on-premises performance metrics and those same metrics converted for the cloud.
- Storage Right-Sizing:Recommended optimal cloud storage option for each workload based on Storage Performance Analysis, Storage Modeling, and Storage Benchmarking to ensure ongoing cloud storage cost-performance optimization.
- CMDB-Based Assessments: Upload CMDB data into Cloudamize for quick, high-level cloud cost calculations across AWS, Azure, and Google.
- CMDB Machine Tags: Upload CMDB data into Cloudamize to automatically build move groups based on machine tags
“Moving to the cloud is a complex journey, and it simply cannot be done without automated analytics,” said Shah. “With these new updates, Cloudamize continues to make planning migrations to AWS, Azure, and Google easier, faster, and more accurate.”
Cloudamize provides a cloud computing analytics platform that accelerates cloud migration and maximizes cloud ROI. Using the Cloudamize platform, customers can calculate and compare TCO across AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform; automatically discover all applications and their dependencies; determine which applications to migrate and when; identify their optimal cloud instances and storage options; design a phased migration plan; and gain clear visibility into cloud costs for better control. Armed with high precision analytics and powerful automation, customers can make accurate cloud decisions faster, easier, and with more confidence, so they can speed and simplify cloud planning, migration, and management and ultimately realize the full potential of the cloud. Cloudamize is part of the Cloudreach Software Business Unit and is proudly located in Philadelphia. For more information, please visit https://www.cloudamize.com and follow us @cloudamize.