Customers can more easily make informed decisions to migrate their SQL Server databases to Azure IaaS or PaaS and understand what compatibility issues exist before migration
Philadelphia, PA, July 12, 2018 – Cloudamize, a leader in cloud computing analytics, today announced its Database Migration Assistant (DMA) Integration and Azure SQL Right-Sizing, which ease and optimize migrating on-premises SQL Server databases to Azure. These latest enhancements extend Cloudamize’s assessment and planning recommendations to include PaaS, in addition to the platform’s current IaaS recommendations. The platform provides insights on Azure compatibility issues and right-sized cost and performance predictions - enabling customers to identify whether IaaS or PaaS SQL options are best for cost-performance optimization and ease of migration of their SQL Server databases.
Cloudamize will demo these latest capabilities at Microsoft Inspire, booth #1827, July 15-19 and at Microsoft Ready, booth #437, July 18-20.
Cloudamize provides the following Compatibility Reporting and DMA Integration capabilities:
- Inventories existing on-premises SQL Server databases and gathers SQL environment information, including: SQL server version, number of cores, types of OS/processors, features of SQL deployed, SQL edition, and patch level.
- Reports unsupported SQL running on unsupported OS, and which databases should be migrated to Azure SQL.
- Tightly integrates with DMA, enabling customers to instantly access their database migration suitability report in a single click. This report includes insights such as compatibility issues that prevent migrating on-premises SQL Server databases to Azure SQL and recommendations to remediate those issues; partially or unsupported features that current on-premises SQL Server databases are using and recommendations to address these; and issues that can affect an upgrade to an on-premises SQL Server.
Cloudamize provides the following Azure SQL Right-Sizing capabilities:
- Analyzes the performance profile of current on-premises SQL Server databases and runs this analysis through its proprietary benchmarking engine to identify the right-sized Azure SQL and SQL Server virtual machine for each.
- Provides the predicted performance and cost of the right-sized IaaS and PaaS recommendation for each machine.
Cloudamize’s discovery, integrated compatibility reporting, right-sizing, and performance and cost predictions enable customers to understand where SQL updates are required and whether it’s better from a cost-performance optimization standpoint to take the IaaS or PaaS version of SQL migration. Partners and enterprises can more easily make informed decisions on whether to migrate their on-premises SQL Server databases to SQL Server on an Azure virtual machine, to migrate them to Azure SQL, or to not migrate them. Customers can also ensure they’re migrating to the cloud configuration that will ensure the best performance at the lowest possible cost.
“It’s extremely challenging for companies to understand what their data estate looks like, whether to migrate using PaaS or IaaS, or if to upgrade on-premises and not migrate a database at all,” said Khushboo Shah, Founder, Cloudamize. “Our latest platform capabilities help companies and partners make these critical decisions, move to the cloud, and modernize their data estate with better ease and accuracy. As a result, partners can accelerate adoption and get their clients to the cloud faster to drive consumption.”
Cloudamize’s DMA Integration and Azure SQL Right-Sizing will be generally available in Summer 2018.
Cloudamize is a cloud computing analytics platform that provides high precision analytics and powerful automation to improve the ease, speed, and accuracy of moving to the cloud. Using the Cloudamize platform, partners and enterprises can calculate cloud TCO; automatically discover all applications and their dependencies; determine which applications to migrate and when; identify right-sized compute and storage options; design a phased migration plan; and execute migrations without errors or disruptions. As a result, partners can improve efficiencies to grow their cloud business, cloud service providers can accelerate adoption and consumption to drive revenue, and enterprises can migrate with confidence and efficiency to their optimal cloud environment. Learn more at https://www.cloudamize.com and follow us @cloudamize.